What to know
- There are temporary traffic and parking restrictions in place through Sunday, September 5, 2021, in certain neighborhoods.
- Most leases turn over in Boston at the beginning of September.
- If you plan to hire a moving company, do your research.
- Tell those who need to know about your new address, like the U.S. Postal Service, the Parking Clerk, and utilities and banks.
- Using a moving van? You can reserve a parking spot. You need to apply at least two weeks ahead of your move.
- The default speed limit in Boston is 25 mph. If you don't see a sign, the speed limit is 25 mph.
- Know your rights and responsibilities as a tenant.
- You can't drive moving trucks on Storrow Drive due to low clearance. The height limit is 10 feet.
- If someone takes the parking spot you reserved for your moving van, call the Boston Police Department at 617-343-4911.
- Check how to get rid of your old couch, TV, moving boxes, and more with our household waste lookup.